- About this Policy
- Your rights and your preferences: Giving you choice and Control
- How do we collect your personal data?
- What personal data do we collect from you?
- What do we use your personal data for?
- Sharing your personal data
- Data retention and deletion
- Transfer to other countries
- Keeping your data safe
- How to contact us
2. About this Policy
This Policy sets out the essential details relating to your personal data relationship with Stardots AB. The Policy applies to all Stardots products and services and any associated services (referred to as the ‘Stardots Service’). The terms governing your use of our software products are defined in our Terms and Conditions of Use and will be shown when installing our products (the “Stardots General Terms and Conditions”). From time to time, we may develop new or offer additional services. If the introduction of these new or additional services results in any change to the way we collect or process your personal data we will provide you with more information and additional terms or policies. Unless stated otherwise when we introduce these new or additional services, they will be subject to this Policy.
The aim of this Policy is to:
- Ensure that you understand what personal data we collect about you, the reasons why we collect and use it, and who we share it with;
- Explain the way we use the personal data that you share with us in order to give you a great experience when you are using Stardots Service; and
- Explain your rights and choices in relation to the personal data we collect and process about you and how we will protect your privacy.
We hope this helps you to understand our privacy commitments to you. For information on how to contact us if you ever have any questions or concerns, please see the ‘How to Contact Us’ Section below. Alternatively, if you do not agree with the content of this Policy, then please remember it is your choice whether you want to use the Stardots Service.
3. Your rights and your preferences: Giving you choice and control
You may be aware that a new (2018-05-25) European Union law, called the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR” gives certain rights to individuals in relation to their personal data. Accordingly, we are trying to maximize our transparency to help users take advantage of those rights. As available and except as limited under applicable law, the rights afforded to individuals are:
- Right of Access – the right to be informed of and request access to the personal data we process about you.
- Right to Rectification – the right to request that we amend or update your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to Erasure – the right to request that we delete your personal data;
- Right to Restrict – the right to request that we temporarily or permanently stop processing all or some of your personal data.
- Right to Object – the right, at any time, to object to us processing your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation;the right to object to your personal data being processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Data Portability – the right to request a copy of your personal data in electronic format and the right to transmit that personal data for use in another party’s service.
- Right not to be subject to Automated Decision-making – the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision would have a legal effect on you or produce a similarly significant effect.
If you have any questions about your privacy, your rights, or how to exercise them, please contact our Data Protection Officer using the following e-mail address: email@example.com. We will respond to your request within a reasonable period of time upon verification of your identity. If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal data you can also contact and are free to lodge a complaint with the Swedish Data Protection Authority (Datainspektionen) or your local Data Protection Authority.
4. How do we collect your personal data?
We collect your personal data in the following ways:
- When you sign up for a Stardots Account on our website, we collect certain personal data so you can use our products, services and access to your web-profile i.e., email address, name, and organization.
- By purchasing software licenses, billing address and order information (notes) giving by you.
- When using/running/executing our software application(s) additional personal data is collected that enables us to verify your identity. We use anonymized and aggregated information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, improving Stardots Service, and developing new features and functionality.
5. What personal data do we collect from you?
We have set out in the tables below the categories of personal data we collect and use about you:
Personal data collected when you sign up for the Stardots Service
|Categories of personal data||Description of category|
|Account Registration Data||This is the personal data that is provided by you to enable you to sign up for and use the Stardots Service. This includes your email address, name and organization. Some of the personal data we will ask you to provide is required in order to create your account. You also have the option to provide us with some additional personal data in order to make your account more personalized, e.g., organization.|
Personal data collected when you acquire a new Stardots License
|Categories of personal data||Description of category|
|License Acquire Data||This is the personal data that is provided by you to enable you to acquire a new software license for use in the Stardots Service. This includes your street name, ZIP code, country, first and last name, and organization, phone number and order notes. Some of the personal data we will ask you to provide is required in order to acquire the license.
WE DO NOT STORE or PROCESS ANY PAYMENT INFORMATION. It is exclusively done by third parties, such as PayPal.
Personal data collected when you run a Stardots Software Application
|Categories of personal data||Description of category|
|Software Execution Data||This is the personal data that is provided by you and collected by us and sent to our cloud-servers. This includes your email address and password for your Stardots account, organization, IP address, computer hardware information, computer name and MAC address, type of operating system and country. This data is necessary for managing licenses and installations and to prevent unauthorized use of our products.
To be able to improve our products and services, we store information such as the number of times the products are executed by each users.
6. What do we use your personal data for?
When you use or interact with the Stardots Service, we use a variety of technologies to process the personal data we collect about you for various reasons. We collect your personal data to be able to verify your license and the computer that you are using the software on, since some Stardots products has a limited number of physical installations. In addition, your purchase information such as address, Zip-code etc will be stored for billing purposes. Some of your hardware information such as RAM, CPU etc. may be used in statistical evaluation of customer hardware to improve our products and offerings; all such information will be anonymous.
No data imported, generated, viewed or analyzed in any of our products will ever be sent to us for any reason. Your data is your data only. We keep only a minimum of personal data, in order to prevent misuse of our licensing agreements. No data is shared with a third party, as may be seen in section ‘Sharing your personal data’ below.
7. Sharing your personal data
8. Data retention and deletion
We keep your personal data only as long as necessary to provide you with the Stardots Service and for legitimate and essential business purposes, such as maintaining the performance of the Stardots Service, making data-driven business decisions about new features and offerings, complying with our legal obligations, and resolving disputes. We keep some of your personal data for as long as you are a user of the Stardots Service. For example, account and licensing information. If you request, we will delete or anonymise your personal data so that it no longer identifies you, unless, we are legally allowed or required to maintain certain personal data, including situations such as the following: If there is an unresolved issue relating to your account, such as an unresolved claim or dispute we will retain the necessary personal data until the issue is resolved; where we are required to retain the personal data for our legal, tax, audit, and accounting obligations, we will retain the necessary personal data for the period required by applicable law; and/or, where necessary for our legitimate business interests such as fraud prevention or to maintain the security of our users.
9. Transfer to other countries
We don’t transfer your personal data to other countries. For further details of the security measures we use to protect your personal data, please see the ‘Keeping your personal data safe’ Section 11 of this Policy.
We may display content that links to third-party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. If you click on a third-party link, please understand that you are leaving the Stardots Service and any personal data you provide will not be covered by this Policy. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal data.
11. Keeping your personal data safe
We are committed to protecting our users’ personal data. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to help protect the security of your personal data; however, please note that no system is ever completely secure. We have implemented various policies including encryption, access, and retention policies to guard against unauthorised access and unnecessary retention of personal data in our systems. Your password protects your user account, so we encourage you to use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the Stardots Service.
The Stardots Service is not directed to children under the age of 13 years. However, in some countries, stricter age limits may apply under local law. Please see our Terms and Conditions of Use for further details.
We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 13 years or under the applicable age limit (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, please do not use the Stardots Service, and do not provide any personal data to us.
If you are a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal data to us, please contact us using the ‘About Us’ webpage at www.stardots.se/about-us, and you may request exercise of your applicable rights detailed in the ‘Your rights and your preferences: Giving you choice and control’ Section 3 of this Policy.
If we learn that we have collected the personal data of a child under the age of 13 years, we will take reasonable steps to delete the personal data. This may require us to delete the Stardots account for that child, and will make any software license void, and that account will no longer be able to use our products.
We may occasionally make changes to this Policy. When we make material changes to this Policy, we’ll provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within the Stardots Service or by sending you an email. We may notify you in advance. Please, therefore, make sure you read any such notice carefully.
14. How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at the following address:
Lägerhyddsvägen 2, Hus 38
Stardots AB is the data controller for the purposes of the personal data processed under this Policy.
We hope you enjoy our services.